Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Remembering the 1980s

In preparation for my 30th birthday, I have placed a focus upon the last 6 months of my 20s, such as setting specific goals that I want to and am able to achieve in this short amount of time. Also, besides the goal challenges, I think it would be fun to reminisce with some of my memories. Let's start with the television of the 1980s...

Who remembers these cartoons....

1. Smurfs
2. Gummi Bears. Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
3. Alvin and the Chipmunks
4. Rainbow Brite
5. TMNT. oh yes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
6. Inspector Gadget
7. He-Man, my first cartoon crush! HOT!
8. Jem. I totally had the doll with the flashing earrings ;) Truly outrageous.
9. Thunder. Thunder. Thundercats!
10. X-Men, loved the theme song!
11. Ghost Busters (Peter Vankman, yet another cartoon crush!)
12. Spaceghost. Ew.
13. Dungeons and Dragons
14. Dinosaucers. Does anyone remember this one, lol? I remember it but not well!
15. Muppet Babies
16. Silverhawks, which I don't remember anywhere near as much as Thundercats.
17. Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
18. Duck Tales. I loved this cartoon!
19. Denver the Last Dinosaur
20. The Mysterious Cities of Gold. Again, awesome theme song that I would sing along to as a kid. Ok, now too.

I'm on a retro-high now, lol. More memories to come!

2 comments:

hllewis said...

Who had time to watch cartoons...I was changing your husbands diapers=)

Sam and Kelly said...

That's so funny! Sam always teases me about things I remember but he doesn't, usually saying, "I wasn't born yet"! And I remind him that I'm not THAT much older than him!