Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Monday, January 25, 2010

30 by 30

I am steadily working towards my goals to achieve by the time I turn 30 this June. I started a blog called 30 by 30 and it's all about my personal goals to achieve during the last 6 months of my 20s. My goals cover most aspects of my life. One of my goals is to socialize more often; I tend to focus on working too much. Last month two of my friends from church and I started a Girls Night, and we will be doing that again this weekend. It's so much fun to go watch a chick flick, eat some yummy snack, and talk our guts out ;)

Another goal has to do with my health and I have a plan to be 130 pounds by my 30th bday! I'm nervous about this one cause it's gonna kick my butt! I've been getting on the elliptical more and I also started participating in a yoga class with one of my friends at the college gym. Yoga was such a peaceful exercise with the soft music and such, I had no idea how sore I would be the next day! I love its focus upon stretching and meditating, and a bit unawares to me, the muscle strengthening. I felt it in my back and stomach muscles the next day!

There's like 7 other goals I have as well and it will be exciting to see what I accomplish in the now 5 remaining months I have. Even if I don't accomplish them all I think I will find some positive changes simply from my exerted efforts.

Ending my 20s on a high note, and beginning my 30s on a high note!

2 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

You go girl!! Good luck with the goals!!

hllewis said...

You can do it Kelly! Now get your husband to do it=) I know I know I am his mother not you but he doesn't listen to me and he loves you more!!