Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Catching Up!

Well, I haven't posted much on here lately, so let me do a little catching up since November!

November 11th--Our 4th Anniversary! I can not believe it's been 4 years! It has flown by so fast and yet although 4 years isn't very long, it feels like I've known Sam all of my life. I love him and love having him in my life! Our day was a simple one; money was tight and Sam wasn't feeling too well anyway. So we just got some carryout from Applebee's or Wingers (can't remember) and watched a movie at home. Simple and peaceful.

Thanksgiving--And so continues the tradition of making a Thanksgiving dinner for two (we always have too much turkey leftover), but this time I had to make it alone! Sam was sick; he's been sick a lot the past several months, poor guy. So I made the turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc. but I skipped the rolls. I didn't care about the rolls once everything else was made! And we spent a quiet evening at home, watching Christmas movies, and eating too much :)

Master's Degree-- I finished my first semester!!! I earned an A+ and a B+ and had my last day of classes in early December.

Christmas-- Was awesome! Sam and I drove out to Colorado; this time with our little Josie in tow. I looove road trips, although a 12-14 hour trip is too long, even for me! But well worth it as it is every Christmas. We love being with his relatives! Highlights for us were definitely being with the fam. just hanging out and talking. Sledding was awesome...it's been years for Sam and it's been since childhood for me since we last went! Going to the movies together, playing cards, singing, and eating too much were amid the fun activities. Josie turned into a gremlin because someone apparently fed her after midnight, and so she growled at poor Cooper (my in-laws lab) every time he was within a few feet of her. Oh well, I will have her socialized with other dogs eventually! It was pretty funny to see how much teeth could show from such a cute, little face! The trip back was a bit grueling because Sam didn't sleep well the night before and could hardly keep his eyes open, so I drove the majority of the trip. Thank goodness for caffeinated soda and that I like to drive! I am proud to say that we made it in 12 hours, including stops for gas, potty breaks, and Josie walks because of my speeding abilities :)

New Years Eve- I worked and then we watched Avatar!

Since then-- Sam has started back at school (Jan. 5th) and we are both counting down to his graduation in July! Yay, Sam! He is also back to practicing in his band and currently advertising for a new lead singer. I am back to work and back to my health goals. During the fall I didn't do much working out as I juggled my first semester of grad school with everything else. I've made a number of goals to achieve before I turn 30 in June! I am in the last 6 months of my 20s and I want to end them on a high note! Josie is back to chewing too much; in the 3 months we've had her she has created quite a resume of what she is willing to snack on. The list is as follows:

1. my headband.
2. the wall! (the molding)
3. a pen
4. my shoes
5. my drawstring on my hoodie, while I was still wearing it
6. woodchips (she actually ate them, not just chewed)
7. a book
8. a chess piece (while her chew was 2 inches in front of her)
9. items out of the trash
10. her collar

No lasting damage except the collar which was $3, my headband, and that little piece of molding could be replaced. Everything else is just fine. Wet, but fine.

Happy New Year to each of you!

1 comment:

Michelle Elena said...

How great a lot seems to be happening. I found your blog and I enjoy reading it I sure do miss you I have a blog also check it out meybarra.blogspot.com