Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rexburg Fair

Yesterday evening Sam and I went to the Rexburg Fair. It's a free event each year, and really close to our home. We walked around and checked out the local venues selling their wares, ate some yummy fair food, and enjoyed the sites from the booths and the rides. We also watched the local cowboys do their thing! We watched cattle roping and riding, and some pretty fancy stunt work with a young rider on his horse. We both enjoyed this show. Sam said if he had known he would have lived in Rexburg one day he would've become a cowboy. I told him he could've learned to add his skateboarding skills in with the horse riding skills ;) My favorite part was just walking around talking with Sam and enjoying this community event. We also visited the barnyard animals! I can never get enough of the horses, sheep, goats, etc. I was petting a horse when it suddenly nipped at me and scared me! It didn't hurt, just surprised me. Sam liked the sheep the best because of their bleating. I'm tempted to go back there again today and take Josie. Pets are allowed as long as they're on a leash, and I want to see Joe's reaction to all of those farm animals...and smells!

2 comments:

Sam and Kelly said...

So I went back to the fair with Josie and Sam and also our friend Noel. Noel and I both got on this ride kind of like the Zipper where you swing up and around fast and are left hanging upside down for a fews seconds at a time. Ummm....yeah I liked the ride a little, but I was definitely nauseous afterwards. I can't handle the crazy rides like I used to! Oh, and Josie was mainly just interested in all of the smells. She didn't care much about the farm animals, but they were sure interested in her! The goats were staring at her all at the same time, like a goat gang.

The Cook Clan said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Yeah, I'm with you on the crazy ride thing...I'm too much of a wimp to handle things like that...LOL!!