Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dry Heaves

So I love to tease people, young or old, male or female. This enjoyment is not limited to my personal life, but also to my professional life. I often tease and joke with my clients and coworkers; it helps them to laugh and lighten the very serious nature of our therapeutic work together. I was sharing with my company's receptionist  about an experience that I had with a child (not a client) who frequently digests his own nasal discharge. The receptionist told me that I have to tell my boss the story, because they are sister and brother, and she knew that he would completely get grossed out by the story. So I began telling him the story. As soon as I mentioned the word "booger" he turned his head to the side and paused in the paperwork he was doing. Then, when I mimed the action of blowing snot out of my nose and stretching it into my mouth to eat it, he started dry heaving and had to leave the room. My coworkers and I were all laughing so hard, even my boss, after the nausea passed ;)

1 comment:

hllewis said...

Ha Ha Ha my kind of humor!! Some people just don't appreciate body secretion humor!