Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Catching Up: Winter Report

Well, it has been over a month since I've blogged; I've got some catching up to do! Hmmm, let's see, I have to start back with Valentine's Day. It was an out of the ordinary day for us this year! We celebrated the day before, on Saturday, by remodeling our room with some paint and curtains. We had thought of going to the Destinations Inn, but then decided instead of going to a hotel for one night, let's use the expenses to make our own bedroom more of a romantic retreat. We went for a nature inspired theme using brown and then green as an accent wall. We finally finished painting and moving the furniture in about 10 pm that night :) And as V-Day was on a Sunday, we spent it at church and then just relaxing together.

St. Patty's Day: I love the color green! It is my fave color! Sam was craving pancakes, so I made him a little continental breakfast with pancakes, eggs, muffins, and applejuice. I also dyed everything green. I would have gotten to the ketchup but Sam stopped me, lol! When he saw the greens eggs he said, "Ewwww!" and I started laughing out loud. But he ate them anyway ;)

Okay, I am still working on my 30th Bday goals. I'm exercising, getting out with friends at least once a month so far since January; I have been going to the temple more, and I have read almost the entire Ensign from last General Conference. My goal is to finish the last talk before conference this coming up Saturday.

Classes started for me today; I am taking 2 classes, a leadership class and a research design class. It's still weird for me that I am in graduate school and will graduate next year already! That's the nice thing about a masters degree--it's only 2 years long!

Sam and his band, Feverstone, recorded their first CD this month! Woot! They recorded down in Logan, and so far the pre-mix that I've heard sounds really good. I can't wait to hear the final version in about a week! Also they are in a contest to be able to play at Warped Tour! I will post more on this topic, because we would love for family and friends to vote for Feverstone to play at WT!

April is fast upon us...Sam will be heading to Colorado for his 2nd year check-up post-transplant! I am sooo proud of him and the strength and patience he has shown over the past few years. Then I head out to Baltimore towards the end of April to see my family and to help my mom get her house ready to sell! Plus, Sam's bday, his dad's bday, and my mom's bday are all in April. It will be a busy month for us!


1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

Hope you have a great April!! =) We miss you guys!!