Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sneaky Chef

Two weeks ago I bought a book that I saw advertised a little while back, called The Sneaky Chef. I love this book!!! It's all about using fruits and veggies in meals we all know and love. The idea is that you start with a group of pre-made purees. On Monday of this week I began with the "green puree" which has broccoli, peas, spinach, and a touch of lemon juice. There are other purees too which I need to buy the ingredients for, but since I had all the green stuff I started with that one :) The cookbook then has a bunch of recipes that you can put a specific puree in. I don't have a good food processor, just a a little food chopper from Wal-Mart but it smooshed the veggies up decently well into a puree form. So my smooshed veggies went right into the ground beef I was using for my spaghetti and meatballs and it was really good! The whole sneakiness is that you can a barely, if at all, detect veggies in the food you're eating, whether by sight or taste.

I am soooo excited to keep trying this! Right now I am drinking a pomegranate and blueberry smoothie from Jamba Juice and I just through in about a 1/4 cup of the green puree. Of course I didn't follow a recipe for this one; I just needed to get some veggies in today, and I can taste the veggies, mildly, in my smoothie, which I don't mind.

There are other recipes I want to try, like cauliflower in mac and cheese, and spinach and blueberries in brownies.

A lot of the recipes also call for wheat germ, which I'll have to look into. It's so fun "sneaking" veggies into our favorite foods!

1 comment:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

That is awesome! I am going to have to check that book out for you kiddos!!