Our Life Together

Rexburg, ID, United States
We've been married for 5 years! We met here in Rexburg, Idaho where we lived in the same apartment complex, volunteered with similar church callings, and attended the same university. It was only a matter of time before we'd bump into each other! Kelly graduated with her bachelors in psychology and has since been working with mentally ill adults and children. She has been accepted to Drexel Univeristy for her Masters in Higher Education Administration and Organizational Management. Sam recently graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho with his bachelors in English Literature. We've had so much fun and so many growing experiences in the past 5 years, and have weathered so much good and bad during our young marriage. And we love each other so much more as a result of the happy and sad experiences that we have gone through hand in hand with each other and with the Savior. Our life is a simple one, but it's ours and we're glad to have it.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Viva Las Thanksgiving

I am playing catch up with my posts here! So heading back to November...we had our 5 year wedding anniversary as I blogged about already, and we went to Las Vegas to be with the Lewis family for Thanksgiving. Aaron and Tat invited everyone out to Vegas, and it was such a great idea. It was so much fun! Sam's parents rented a beautiful home where we all stayed, except for Tat and Aaron who lived close by. We visited the strip, played lots of games, and got to hang out with Tat's family on Thanksgiving, who were all super nice.

Some of Sam's and my highlights of the trip were, in no particular order:

1) Seeing the amazing lights and architectural structures at the strip. (I loved this! This was my 1st time to Vegas). The Bellagio was my all time fave.

2) Visiting Hoover Dam. Being in 2 places at one time? Check.

3) Hanging out and playing videogames with Evan. You're an awesome uncle, Sam!

4) Learning to play poker. That was so much fun you guys! I couldn't stop laughing. Thanks Aaron for whispering tips to me!

5) Playing Quelf with everyone. Again, I could NOT stop laughing.

6) Playing Marco Polo and volleyball in the pool with Sam, Jake, Evan, Sarah, and Lauren.

7) Walking in the mornings with Sam, Mom, and Nikki. Thanks to the exercise I was able to eat yummy foods all week and not gain any weight!

8) Being silly with my nieces, stuffing grapes in our mouths, and painting their nails.

9) My arch nemesis and I joking and tormenting each other. Squishing the grapes inside my mouth hurt! I'm glad I scared you in the closet!

10) Yoga with Nicolle on the kitchen floor!

11) Lots of hugs and kisses from that cuddle bug Liam.

12) Just Dance! with Nicolle, Sarah, Lauren, and Nikki.

13) Tat and her awesome family for making room for all of us on Thanksgiving Day! The holidays are the best when they're filled with lots of people! You guys are awesome!

14) My sweet hubby for putting up with me every night that I kicked, elbowed, and rolled on top of him while I was sleeping! We slept in a smaller bed at the vacation home, and as Sam kindly put it, I'm an "active sleeper!" Love you!

Sam and I love each of you! We really look forward to our next family adventure together with all of you!

Next blog topics: Christmas, Sleep Study, Lost, and ER trips. For now, I need to get some zzzz's.

2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Great post!! Thanksgiving was so much fun!!! =) Like you, I can't wait until we all get together again!! Maybe in August when Billiam gets home?? =) =)

Sam and Kelly said...

Heck yes! We need to throw Bill a welcome back par-tay!